The global market for industrial pumps is predicted to grow to $95 billion by 2030. That means it will increase by 4.9% every year until then.
If you’re looking to make sure your industrial pumps stay in good working order, then regular pump maintenance is key.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive list of pump care solutions that can help extend the life of your pumps and reduce the risk of costly industrial pump repair.
Follow these pump maintenance tips to ensure all aspects of your pump are taken care of so it can keep running smoothly! Read on to find out more.
Checklist for Pump Maintenance
A regular pump maintenance checklist is essential for ensuring the longevity of your machinery. However, not everything needs to be checked as regularly as other things.
This checklist is divided into when you should do each check.
- Check for any signs of leakage on the exterior of the pump
- Clean any debris or clutter from around the pump
- Check for any unusual noises or excessive pump vibration
- Check the oil for any discoloration or difference in appearance such as foaming
- Check that bearings aren’t overheating
- Check gaskets for signs of leakage
- Check the cooling system of the pump
- Top off the oil reservoirs
- If oil reservoirs are unexpectedly low, then investigate why
- Clean off oil-level windows and indicator bulbs
- Check that any pump guards are still fit for use
- Replace pump guards if needed
- Apply grease to bearings and any other moving parts
- Check for any damage caused by vibrations
- Replace oil in the bearing systems
- Check head pressure, suction, and discharge are working efficiently
- Test any hold-down bolts and tighten them if needed
- If needed, check if the shaft pump is properly aligned
- Check for rust and apply a preventive coat to prevent corrosion
- Check the axial float of the pump
- Check the driver shaft
- Do a full inspection of the inner mechanics
- Check disk couplings for deterioration and replace
- Do any relevant annual tests for your pump
- Check the seal chamber for any signs of scoring and pitting
- Inspect oil levels and refill
- Check for any erosion or corrosion on parts and replace
If you need additional help with maintaining or servicing your pumps, then enlist the help of a professional team to do these checks for you.
The team at Haughton Pumps does just that. With over 30 years of experience, they specialize in industrial pump repairs and maintenance to extend the life of your pump.
Visit them at https://www.houghton-international.com/service/pumps/
Need Help With Your Pump Maintenance?
This article has given you everything you need to know about pump maintenance and how to get the most out of your machine. Schedule a date on your calendar when you will perform these checks.
If you’re looking for more useful articles about machine maintenance, then check out our blog.